Empty property rate relief
Business Rates will not be payable in the first 3 months that a property is empty.
This can be extended to 6 months if the property was inherited and fits into one of these criteria:
- Constructed or adapted for use in the course of a trade or business
- Constructed or adapted for use for one or more of the following purposes:
– the manufacture, repair or adaption of goods or materials, or the subjection of goods or materials to any purpose
– storage (including the storage or handling of goods in the course of their distribution)
– the working or processing of minerals
– the generation of electricity
Empty property rate relief online form
Apply by post
Please print and send to the address below.