Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief Scheme 2022/23
The 2022/23 retail, hospitality and leisure business rates relief scheme provides occupied retail, hospitality, and leisure properties with a 50% relief up to a cash cap limit of £110,000 per business.
Ratepayers that occupy more than one property are entitled to relief for each of their eligible properties up to the maximum £110,000 cash cap per business. No business rates payer should in any circumstances exceed this limit across all of their properties in England.
Your business could qualify for the award if it is an occupied non-domestic rate properties that are wholly or mainly used as:
- shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas, or live music venues
- for assembly or leisure, sports clubs, village halls, nightclubs, tourist attractions
- hotels, guesthouses, self-catering accommodation
How it’s awarded
Horsham District Council will, for the 2022/23 financial year:
- automatically award this relief to businesses that it does consider will be eligible for this scheme
- withhold this relief where it appears likely that the business ratepayer may breach the cash limit
If you have received the award on your business rates bill but are not eligible
You should notify us immediately if your business has automatically been awarded this relief but:
- you believe that it will breach the £110,000 cash cap limit
- your business will exceed the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance limit of £343,000 over 3 years (including 2022/23)
If you haven’t received the award but believe you are eligible
If your business has not automatically been awarded this relief and you are of the opinion that it does meet the qualifying criteria, please complete the application below.
Please ensure you read through the criteria and guidance on GOV.UK before applying.
The government and Horsham District Council will not tolerate any business falsifying their records or providing false evidence to gain this discount, including claiming support above the cash cap or the exemption threshold. A ratepayer who falsely applies for any relief or provides false information or makes false representation in order to gain relief may be guilty of fraud under the Fraud Act 2006.
To apply, please visit the Horsham Grants Website and select ‘Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Relief 2022/23 in the Rates Discount forms section.