Register for Council Tax

If you have moved into a new property and need to register for Council Tax, please either telephone us on 0808 164 8610 or email at

What is Council Tax?

Council Tax is payable on every domestic property and pays part of the cost of services provided by the council.

These services include:

  • education
  • fire and police services
  • roads
  • libraries
  • rubbish collections
  • planning

Council Tax fees are worked out based on your property’s banding.

Council Tax is a daily charge that is paid over 10 or 12 monthly instalments.


If you have any questions realting to refuse collection, please call Horsham District Council on 01403 215100

What are you looking for?

Moving house?

If you are moving house within the Horsham District then you need to register for council tax at your new address.

You should also let us know if you are moving out of the district (so we stop charging you).

Further information

How your Council Tax is spent

West Sussex County Council Leaflet

Your Council Tax Explained

What does my Council Tax pay for

Sussex Police Leaflet